Founded in 1996, Msnbc
is a partnership of General Electric's NBC news family and Microsoft. Both companies have a 50-50 partnership deal going although NBC universal has purchase 82% of the shares leaving Microsoft with just 18%.Msnbc is considered to be one of the largest news networks and is available in more than 78 million homes in the North America.
Most major cable providers carry msnbc
and msnbc HD which was launched in July of 2009. Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-verse and not able to carry msnbc in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut because of a deal made with Cablevision that prevents them from broadcasting in these areas. Currently Verizon has opened a case with the FCC to try and rectify the problem.
has a vast internet presence drawing millions of viewers per day. In all fairness their website is very well put together and has a very user friendly feel to it. But I wouldn't expect anything less from a company that has Microsoft as its partner.
If you are looking for news whether national or international you may what to check out msnbc. They have an amazing news cast lineup and very comprehensive coverage of everything except politics.
is considered a television news network, it is becoming more liberal every day. Networks such as CNN have praised msnbc for its attacks on the Fox News Network
claiming that Fox
is nothing more than a mouth piece for the Republican Party. Both New York Times and Washington Post have printed articles concerning the shift of msnbc from a regular news network to a news network with a bias towards the political left. I am not for Fox over msnbc or CNN
, but when a network devotes it time to destroying persons and other networks instead of reporting fairly on all subjects I turn my television off.